Here at RHE we are pleased to be offering a brand-new online legal training course, Investigation Skills and PACE. Running from 8 September 2022 and interactive and collaborative, this course will focus on developing skills via the use of ‘real world’ examples and exercises.
This is a comprehensive course, comprising four modules delivered over four programmed sessions. In more detail, it will:
- Identify the stages of an investigation
- Refresh knowledge on notebook technique
- Build an appreciation of how to take good statements
- Develop competence to collect and manage exhibits
- Improve awareness of the process and rules surrounding a suspect interview
- Explain the disclosure process and how to prepare an evidence matrix
- Focus on the factors that should be considered when making a decision
- Develop confidence in how to give evidence in court.
The course is suitable for anyone with enforcement powers, whether they are working in environmental health, housing, food, pollution, licensing, community safety, planning or fraud investigation for example. As with all our online courses, we try to make sure there are plenty of opportunities to get involved and ask questions.
This training is delivered by Ian Marriner, who is one of RHE’s most experienced trainers, with over 25 years’ experience in environment health, within both the public and private sector. He has received plenty of fantastic feedback for his legal courses in the past, including:
‘The training was excellent and was the best-paced legal training I have attended.’
‘Excellent pitch and tone. Ian Marriner kept the topic interesting and relevant.’
‘Ian Marriner is very knowledgeable in the subject.’
‘Ian Marriner is marvellous and the course content was perfect - thank you!’
If you have any questions on the course or want to know more, please get in touch with email@example.com.